Summer Vegetables with Brown-Butter Vinaigrette
It’s vinaigrette deluxe, thanks to our special twist!
Grilled Summer Vegetables with Brown-Butter Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- Oil for coating grill screen
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 TBS (1/2 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup capers
Grilled Summer Vegetables with Brown-Butter Vinaigrette Directions:
Heat the grill to 400-450 degrees. Put the screen on the grill and coat it with oil.
Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, salt, and pepper (or your favorite dry rub), in a large bowl. Place on the grill screen and grill until browned and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Watch carefully: Different vegetables cook at different rates. Turn as needed.
Put a large skillet over high heat. Add the butter and cook until it begins to brown lightly.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and capers.
Cut the vegetables into large bite-size chunks, place in a serving bowl, and pour the brown butter vinaigrette over the top. Serve warm.