Ribs – Caveman style
Go primal with your ribs! Yabba Dabba Do!
Ribs Caveman Style Ingredients:
Rack of Spare Ribs
Haba Haba Sauce
- Cut each bone separately. This results in a delicious crusty rib after smoking.
- Lightly coat your ribs with Haba Haba on all sides. This will be the glue for the seasonings. Lightly dust with BBQ Savor on all sides. Next, use a generous amount of pork-a-licious (1 part Big Kahuna and 1 part VooDoo coat all sides. Let seasoned ribs sit for at least a half hour (but not more than 4 hours).
- Place ribs in a pile on the upper rack in your smoker/grill. Smoke between 3 ½ hours to 4 hours at 250º degrees. Every 45 minutes, move the ribs around making a new pile for even cooking.
- To ensure ribs are done, use the toothpick test.
- Insert toothpick into the rib meat and it should go in easily.
- Remember to look for the “toenails”. This means that about ½” of the each bone should be exposed where the meat has pulled back.
- Once the ribs are done, remove them from your smoker/grill. Let rest for at least 10 – 15 minutes.
- After plating, drizzle with BBQ sauce if desired.